Preparation: Installing SDK, ADT for eclipse and SDK components for eclipse
- Eclipse Downloads
- SDK download page
- Installing the ADT Plugin
- Install New Software: "ADT Plugin" - "https://dl-ssl.google.com/
- Eclipse --> Windows --> Pref --> Android --> Specify the Android SDK path (This may be asked during first time restart of eclipse after software install
- For detailed steps, click here
- Adding Platform and other components
- From within Eclipse, select Window > Android SDK and AVD Manager.
- On Windows, double-click the
SDK Manager.exefile at the root of the Android SDK directory.
- Select all that apply and install
- Create an AVD
- In Eclipse, select Window > Android SDK and AVD Manager.
- Select Virtual Devices in the left panel.
- Click New....The Create New AVD dialog appears. Type the name of the AVD, such as "my_avd".
- Choose a target. The target is the platform (that is, the version of the Android SDK) you want to run on the emulator.
- Click Create AVD.
- Follow the hello world tutorial
- The information presented above is the summary of the details collected from here
- unable to get system library for project
- update project.properties "target" to the right version
- right click project --> properties --> android --> Project build target --> choose the target
- right click project --> Android tools --> Fix project properties
- The connection to adb is down, and a severe error has occured
- Close the Eclipse if running
- Go to the Android SDK tools directory in Command Prompt
- then type
- No error message is thrown while starting ADB server, then adb is started successfully.
- Now you can start Eclipse again
- Unable to resolve target 'android-4'
- Unable to resolve target 'android-4' ==> install SDK Platform Android 1.6
- For other targets check the SDK Platform to be installed here
- After installing the older android SDK, the project target might have changed and have compile errors. If so, change the target and clean compile