Wednesday, April 8, 2009

h1b workers replacing americans

Are H1b workers replacing American workers.

Lets see the statistics. With unemployment rate of 8.9%, around 14 million (14,000,000) Americans (source) are with out jobs as of Aug 2011. Total labor force is 153.6 million. Number of H1b visa slots this year is 85000. This counts to 0.61% of the total unemployed. How is avoiding this 0.61% visas, going to give jobs for the remaining 99.39% of the workforce.

People got to find ways to create jobs for everyone, rather than pointing fingers to things which don't mean anything at all.

Demand for h1b goes down

This year, the h1b applications have not filled even after 5 days. This clearly indicates, how some companies have misused the h1b visas in the past 2-3 years. With the strict rules enforced, the eligible candidates have a good chance of getting and adding value to the America's technical work force. There are total of 85000 visas alloted. 20000 for those with a Master's degree and 65000 for the others.

Labels

Coupons